- New Hope Baptist Church, on the way to Elijay
no slot&tab. two rounded concrete tombs with head & footstones
7 images / 3.3mb
- Siloam Baptist Church, west side of Dahlonega
1 complete slot&tab tomb in cemetery w/squared-stone-log construction
Mary Johnson 1832-1883. at least 1 headstone from a slot&tab tomb.
westernmost example found.
20 images / 7mb
- Mount Hope Cemetery, Dahlonega
excellent examples of slide-slab construction.
est. circa 1800. name: Robert E. Learl, d. 1878.
34 images / 12.8mb
- Mount Gilead Baptist Church Historic Cemetary
side-slab, squared=stone-log, convex top-slab, flat-on-the-earth, and stone box tombs.
tomb date: 1886. name: Elizabeth C. Stringer, d. 1886; and a W. Woods.
38 images / 15mb
- Cleveland Cemetery
1 slide-slab construction, and at least 1 headstone from a slot&tab tomb. northernmost example found.
17 images / 6.2mb
- Word of Faith Deliverance Center, Auraria, south of Cleveland
formerly Old Soules Methodist Church
1848-1855 death dates. 10 slot&tab tombs. mixed side-slab and squared-stone-log construction.
45 images / 16.5mb
- Dewberry Baptist No. 2, south of Cleveland, north of Gainesville
est. 1821. 3 slot&tab tombs, and others w/similarities.
18 images / 6.6mb
- New Bridge Baptist Church, north of Gainesville
est. 1879. 6 slot&tab tombs. southernmost example found.
31 images / 11.6mb
- Friendship Baptist Church
est. 1905. no slot&tab. child's low gravehouse ca. 1968.
5 images / 1.6mb
- Chattahoochee United Methodist Church, north of Helen
no slot&tab. phyllite called "soapstone" by local.
3 images / 1mb
- Nacoochee United Methodist Church
"White Methodist Church"
no slot&tab. cairns and child's bavarian-style gravehouse ca. 1978.
16 images / 5.9mb
- Shoal Creek Baptist Church
est. 1835. second largest group (22) of slot&tab tombs found to date.
names: T.M. Kimzy, Eldon -, Nancy Smith d. 1873, John Cantrell d. 1872.
48 images / 17.8mb
- Wahoo Baptist Church
est. 1819. largest group (38) of slot&tab tombs found to date.
names: William Christopher d. 1860, Henrieta F.? Barker d. 187-, Malinda Boyd
27 images / 9.4mb
next to check: